Sunday, October 17, 2010

My brain is being squashed by csf...

a depiction of how my headache feels
Today the weather was rainy and cold. When ever the weather changes my intracranial pressure increases and I am instantly in a ton of pain. On a scale of 1-10 i am currently at about 8/9. My pain tolerance is pretty high now due to the fact I function normally at about a 5/6 daily. I have tried everything  to help relieve the pressure but nothing works so now I'm just venting trying hard to focus my attention on something other than my head pain. I am hopeful that the pain will subside soon otherwise I will be forced to take medications which won't relieve the pain but will help me sleep a little tonight. If you're out there reading this thanks and let me know how you deal with your headaches.

1 comment:

  1. I do understand how you feel. I often wonder in the mornings, how bad it's going to be by the end of the day. Sometimes I'm able to tell first thing in the morning, whether I will be calling it an early evening. I was diagnosed at the age of 27 and I'm now almost 51. I had a shunt put in back in Dec 2007. It made a huge difference. At the time I was just finishing up my undergraduate degree... actually had surgery three days after graduation. I lived headache free for a little over two years and just recently they have returned. I'm praying I don't have to have surgery again, but the headaches and brain fog has gotten pretty bad and is affecting my concentration, which is not good considering I am back in school working on my masters now. I have learned that living with these headaches daily makes life very interesting and a challenge. I think the biggest challenge is NOT letting the headaches and pain dictate how I treat those around me or how I act. Most people don't know that I live with daily pain and my pain level most days, I would say, is around a 7/8. I hope you have gotten help. I look forward to reading the rest of your blogs, but for now... I have two papers coming due and haven't even started writing the biggest of the two. Have a fantastic day. It's yours to do with as you please. Penny

    ReplyDelete